What we do
We are continually updating and enhancing our range of services and products, which currently consist of:
- Social and Community Audits and Surveys
- We have developed a range of templates to assess the social sustainability of neighbourhoods and housing areas especially in relation to 'community resilience'. Similarly, we have available a series of tried, tested and 'easy to answer' questionnaires for use in face-to-face or postal surveys identifying local views or requirements. Recent examples include parish surveys of housing need and of new uses for an old church.
- Dynamic Area Profiles
- We undertake profiles of user defined areas incorporating demographic, housing, health, education and socio-economic data to provide 20 year trajectories of change and their implications for service requirements.
- Housing Market Assessments
- We have undertaken over 50 Assessments from neighbourhood and site specific to sub-regional and strategic. Our Assessments are forward looking and interactive. They enable clients to identify options for intervention; and allow for continuous and independent updating.
- Policy Review, Analysis and Revision
- We specialise in reviewing and refining policies. Examples of recent work include projects to evaluate the effectiveness of delivering affordable housing in the Bristol sub-region and to develop approaches to estate-based regeneration in Birmingham.
- Research and Intelligence
- We undertake challenging and original research, with projects as diverse as identifying the scale of under-occupation at neighbourhood, district or local authority level; and analysing the policy implications of the relationship between housing and health at sub-regional and regional levels.
- We can offer training courses in approaches to community consultation and survey and on research methods, including data handling and GIS applications, especially focused on neighbourhood planning.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements